Writing (as Jennifer Hord)
Contributed news, blog posts and list-style articles to international lifestyle site.
- The Pros of Cons: A Celebration of Geek Culture
- Goat-farm B&Bs Are Far From ‘Meh’
- Man’s Best Friendship Goes Back 14,000 Years
- Scientists Discover How Rabies Takes a Fast Train to the Brain
- National Medal of Honor Museum to Be Built in South Carolina
Used my talent for breaking down complicated concepts into simple, easy-to-understand language to explain then-new technologies like SMS (aka text messaging) and electronic payments.
Blogging (as Alicia Brown)
Created in 2013 to share reviews of books I’ve read recently, revisit books I loved in the past, and connect with other readers and writers.
- Life, Death, and the Immortality of Words
- The Story So Far…
- Augusten Burroughs on Why to Write Every Day
- 10 Books That Had an Impact on Me
- Why I Love YA
Atlanta Writers Club
1st place, Fall 2014 contest, short story category (“Sad Little Indie Film”)
2nd place, Spring 2014 contest, poetry category (“Summer”)
3rd place, Fall 2013 contest, wild card category (“Nothing to Fear… ”)